What Are the Best Fitness and Exercise Apps in 2022
The advantages of exercise are many, but you need perseverance and self-control to follow a plan long enough to see results. Here is where technology may be useful.
To keep you motivated and accountable, the correct software may serve as a virtual personal trainer or training partner.
We searched far and wide for the best fitness apps to assist you, and we selected the year’s top contenders based on their excellence, positive user feedback, and general dependability.
How to pick the top fitness application
How do you select a workout app when there are so many available? Before downloading, take into account the following:
- Reliable teachers. We advise selecting an app with exercises designed or conducted by experienced fitness experts for the sake of safety and optimum outcomes.
- Aims for fitness. Do you want to run more quickly or gain strength? Alternately, perhaps you want to get fitter or lose weight. Make careful to choose an app that meets your demands for fitness, whatever your motivation may be.
- Budget. The majority of applications demand a monthly subscription fee, however others are completely free. All of the apps on our list, thankfully, provide a free trial period, allowing you to test out a few lessons before committing fully.
- Required equipment. Most applications provide courses that call for specific tools, like yoga mats, kettlebells, or dumbbells. Look for an app with classes that are compatible with your current home gym setup unless you want to invest in new gym equipment.
- User opinions. Reading what other users have to say may be helpful information as you choose whether a fitness app is the appropriate match for you, even though reviews should always be taken with a grain of salt.
- Test before choosing. It’s okay to test out a few fitness apps before choosing one; the most crucial thing is that it aids in your goal-achieving in a secure and efficient manner.
- Quality. Along with the effectiveness of the workouts, we also took into account the knowledge and reputation of the teachers supervising them.
- Simplicity. We searched for applications that are simple to use and include filters so you can easily discover your ideal workout.
- Reliability. We go through many reviews to eliminate applications that stream poorly or regularly crash.
Nike Training Club
Utilize the Nike Training Club app to exercise with Nike trainers in real time or on demand. You’ll receive personalized workout recommendations after installing the app based on the outcomes of a short questionnaire.
High intensity interval training (HIIT), yoga, core, cardio, and strength training sessions are just a few of the exercise types available on the app. To discover the ideal class, you may also search by muscle group, workout objective, and equipment.
In addition, Nike made all of its premium content free for users starting in 2020.
A turbo trainer game app called Zwift allows you to connect your turbo trainer to your computer, iPad, iPhone, or Apple TV. This Zwift fitness app allows you to connect your exercise bikes and treadmills. Also, it lets you to ride with other cyclists in a virtual setting, which can help to lessen some of the monotony that comes with indoor cycling.
Those looking for specialized training may access programs created by experienced coaches, which can be performed in groups with riders performing efforts at the same intensity depending on a percentage of their FTP. This is in addition to competing against other riders in Zwift races.
With more than 15 different class styles, including HIIT, dance cardio, sculpt, and more, Fitness obé recreates the atmosphere of an upscale group fitness class right in your living room.
In addition to its enormous on-demand library of more than 7,000 sessions, the app provides 20 live classes each day that are shot in a whimsical neon studio.
Ten minutes to an hour may pass between sets of exercises. During the live lessons, the top teachers convey the vigor and will even call your name.
The huge range of 20-minute sessions makes it simple (and enjoyable) for Healthline Nutrition and Fitness Editor Kelli McGrane, MS, RD, to fit a sweat session into her day.
Although Peloton is most known for its cycling courses, you can access activities from strength training and HIIT to outdoor jogging and yoga with the Peloton fitness app.
Take an on-demand class through the app or exercise in real time with qualified teachers and other users from around the world.
Each instructor at Peloton offers their own distinctive teaching style to the lessons, which include carefully crafted music mixes.
Just bear in mind that, despite the teachers’ adaptations, real beginners could find the majority of these exercises to be too difficult.
The Peloton app has been cited by several Healthline editors as the secret to their at-home workout success, and it was recently highlighted as one of the greatest fitness presents in a roundup on Healthline.
Fit Body, a group founded by and for women, offers 12 programs run by 4 qualified trainers to assist you in achieving your fitness objectives.
The lessons are intended to last 30 minutes or less, but if you have more time, we also encourage you to watch the videos on foam rolling and stretching.
The app also gives you access to 300+ recipes and 72 weeks’ worth of meal plans with customized quantities based on your daily caloric needs.
The app also has a community feature that lets you interact with people who share your interests in wellness.
Chris Hemsworth, an actor known for his chiseled figure, chose to share his training regimen by developing the Centr app.
Centr, which bills itself as “your PT, nutritionist, chef, and wellness coach all in one,” provides weekly planner-based daily exercises, food plans, and recipes along with a mindfulness component.
You’ll be pushed to your limits by well-known trainers like Luke Zocchi, who is Hemsworth’s personal trainer, and Gunnar Peterson, who will be leading your exercises.
The routines, according to some reviews, are a little too difficult for novices.